3.06.2006

Peace

As a Braves fan, Kirby Puckett attained Natural Enemy status for me in the 1991 World Series with his famous Game Six-winning homer off Charlie Liebrandt. There he stayed, his jovial face adorning a WANTED poster in my mind alongside the likes of Jim Leyritz, Ed Sprague, Eric Gregg, and every New York Yankee since 1996. So all the stuff I'd read about Puckett's infectious personality rolled right off my shoulders. Even when it was reported this afternoon that he'd passed away, I felt nothing.

Until I went here.

I've sung the praises of this particular site before, but this collection of Puckett testimonials is truly amazing, to say nothing of the shocking quickness with which they have acculumated. Now, finally, I begin to understand what all the fuss was about.

(The richness of this link doubles as a tribute to the website itself, and to the fact that one's readership is half the battle. Yeah, we should maybe try to work on that.)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?